Most ZIEHL-ABEGG external rotor motors are fitted with thermostatic switches (TB). Explosion-proof external rotor motors have a temperature sensor (TP). A temperature sensor (TP) is also integrated in IEC standard motors.
To protect and monitor these motors, ZIEHL-ABEGG supplies suitable products to analyse signals from the thermostatic switch and the temperature sensor.
Properties & special features:
- 3~ motor contactors to monitor the integrated thermostatic switch (TB) provide full thermal motor protection as well as the option of easily distributing the flow to the fans. Multiple fans can be connected to a 3~ motor contactor, with an integrated overcurrent trigger providing cut-out protection (safety feature).
- 1~ motor contactors monitor one connected motor each (TP thermostatic switch). The monitoring device for the temperature sensor (TP) also enables the protection of explosion-proof motors.
Scope of functions:
- 3~ motor contactors: Manual switching function, full motor protection, current distributor, overcurrent trigger for cut-out protection
- 1~ motor contactors: Manual switching function, full motor protection
- The monitoring device for the temperature sensor (TP) can also be used to monitor explosion-proof motors. Relay output to control motor shutdown.